Michael J. Frey was born in Sioux City Iowa. He graduated from South Sioux City High School in 1983, Westmar College in 1987 and Drake Law School, with Honors in 1990.
Mike served in the United States Army as a JAG officer from 1990 to 1993. He has practiced primarily civil litigation on behalf of individuals, companies, public schools, private and public universities and public municipalities for over 28 years, including the last 25 years in the Sioux City area. He has tried over 80 cases in front of juries in the state and federal courts in Iowa, Nebraska and the U.S. Army. He practices in the areas of personal injury, insurance coverage and defense, construction disputes, commercial litigation, premise liability and products liability.
Mike is a member of the state and federal courts of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. He is admitted to practice before the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. He is also a member of the Woodbury County Bar Association, Iowa Defense Counsel Association and a fellow of the Iowa Trial Academy.
All Areas of Litigation
- Admitted in 1990, Iowa and U.S. Army Court of Military Review
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- 1996, Nebraska
- 2014, South Dakota
Law School Attended
- Drake Law School, Class of 1990, J.D., with honors
- Fort Dodge Community College, Westmar College, Class of 1987, B.A.
- Born in Sioux City, Iowa, April 4, 1965
- Capt., U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps, 1990-1993
Associations & Memberships
- Woodbury County, Dakota County and Iowa State (Member, Young Lawyers Division) Bar Associations
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association