Nick E. Wingert
Nick is a life-long resident of Sioux City. He graduated from Sioux City East High School. After high school, he attended Morningside College where he earned his undergraduate degree. He received his law degree from the University of South Dakota, School of Law, and holds a Master’s Degree from Briar Cliff University.
Nick is licensed to practice law in Iowa. Nick’s main practice areas include family law, criminal law, civil litigation, and appellate work. Nick helps individuals fight for custody of their children understand child support obligations or their rights during a divorce. If law enforcement stopped you for a traffic violation, which resulted in an arrest for operating while intoxicated or possession of an illegal substance, Nick will assist you in determining whether law enforcement violated your constitutional rights. He has successfully challenged evidence gathered after traffic stops on constitutional grounds which have ultimately resulted in case dismissals.
You may find yourself in a position where you disagree with the outcome of your case and whether any options exist to challenge a decision made at the district or associate court level. Not all attorneys practice appellate work. Nick will analyze your case and help you determine whether appealing to the Iowa Supreme Court or the Iowa Court of Appeals might be in your best interest.
Nick is dedicated to providing legal representation that focuses on a personalized, practical approach tailored to the needs and concerns of the individual. He focuses on obtaining the client’s desired result.
Nick is a member of the Iowa State Bar Association, Woodbury County Bar Association, and Iowa Association for Justice.
- Family Law
- Uncontested Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony and Maintenance
- Property Division
- Stipulated Agreements
- Contempt Proceedings
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Guardian ad litem
- Child Visitation (or Parenting Time)
- Protection Orders
- Modification of Divorce Decrees
- Modification of Child Custody Decrees
- Modification of Alimony
- Child Custody Jurisdiction Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA)
- Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act of 1980 (PKPA)
- Full Faith and Credit for Child Support Orders Act (FFCCSOA)
- Legal Separation
- Criminal Law
- Operating While Intoxicated
- Driving Under the Influence
- Drug Crimes
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law Appeals
- Representative Cases
- In re Marriage of Voetberg, No. 15-0984, 2016 WL 902632 (Iowa Ct. App., March 9, 2016)
- Courey v. Robinson, No. 20-0597, 2021 WL 1017133, (Iowa Ct. App., March 17, 2021)
- Eviglo v. Bedia, No. 22-2108, 2023 WL 4530263 (Iowa Ct. App. July 13, 2023)
- Representative Cases
- The University of South Dakota, School of Law
- Morningside College
Associations & Memberships
- Woodbury County Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice (IAJ)
Schedule Your Free Consultation
A free one-half hour consultation is provided to prospective clients for the purpose of discussing employment in new cases. We represent clients in all of the State and Federal Courts in the tri-state area of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. We also serve clients in non-litigation matters in the same geographical area.