Compassionate Iowa Divorce Lawyers Provide Guidance and Advice
Reliable family law firm helps clients in the Sioux City area
The dissolution of a marriage is emotional and stressful, even when both partners agree that it’s the right decision. The caring attorneys at Mayne, Hindman, Frey, Parry & Wingert help ease the legal strain of divorce so you can concentrate on the health and well-being of your family. Representing divorcing spouses in the Sioux City area and throughout Iowa, we work to reach favorable arrangements for the care of your children and the division of your shared property. Our knowledge of Iowa laws and practices enables us to provide advice on all aspects of divorce and to address any questions or concerns you may have so that you can have confidence moving forward.
Dedicated advocates strive for fair support and property arrangements
The attorneys at Mayne, Hindman, Frey, Parry & Wingert will listen to your needs and consider your goals as we work to develop solutions for all aspects of your divorce. We handle matters of:
- Child custody and visitation — Court orders determine where your child will live, how parenting time will be split and to what degree each parent gets to make decisions about their child’s life.
- Child support — A number of factors are used to calculate child support payments, from each parent’s income to each child’s particular needs. We will seek an order that’s fair to all parties.
- Distribution of property — The division of your home and other assets often depends on whether property is owned by a couple (“marital property”) or by just one spouse. We will press for a fair division.
- Division of marital debts — Both spouses may be accountable for debts accrued by the couple, or one partner may be found to be more responsible.
- Spousal support and temporary support — Whether you seek spousal support, also known as alimony, on a permanent or temporary basis or must pay it, our attorneys will seek a fair determination so that divorce doesn’t leave you financially strapped.
With commitment and conviction, our firm will seek fair arrangements on your behalf, always keeping in mind your best interests and those of your children.
Experienced family lawyers encourage cooperation and carefully handle litigation
Most couples will first try to settle their differences in mediation rather than opting to let a judge decide the terms of their divorce. Mediation gives you and your spouse the opportunity to work with a trained facilitator to negotiate settlements in an amicable setting. The mediation process fosters cooperation between partners and usually produces less stress than litigation. Mediation often reduces the time and cost of divorce, but most importantly, it puts the decisions in your hands.
If litigation is necessary to reach just and equitable resolutions to alimony, custody and other matters, our skilled litigators are prepared to advocate on your behalf in pursuit of the most favorable outcome. Having a committed lawyer by your side can alleviate the uncertainty and stress of court and help you obtain a favorable trial outcome.
Contact trusted Iowa divorce attorneys
At Mayne, Hindman, Frey, Parry & Wingert, in Sioux City, we represent divorcing spouses throughout Iowa. Call us at 712-277-1434 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a caring family law attorney.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
A free one-half hour consultation is provided to prospective clients for the purpose of discussing employment in new cases. We represent clients in all of the State and Federal Courts in the tri-state area of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. We also serve clients in non-litigation matters in the same geographical area.